Header

Image Map

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New Ventures...to Uganda

Well it's official... I'm going to Uganda in January! I'm so excited. I couldn't wait to share it with you all. I've been thinking about this for a long time now (two years in fact) and I'm thrilled to finally be taking that step. I will be leaving January 13th and returning May 9th. It is a semester long missions program where I will be doing missions work all over the country.

Because I originally designed this blog for updates on my involvement with the Miss America system, I have set up another blog site idwellinhope.blogspot.com (to visit click here) to be about my international travel. The idea for the blog title "I Dwell in Hope" came from Acts 2:25-26:

     For David says concerning him, "'I saw the Lord always before me, for he is
     at my right hand that I may not be shaken; therefore my heart was glad, 
     and my tongue rejoiced; my flesh will also DWELL IN HOPE.'"

I will continue to update this blog throughout my journey (hopefully!) to Miss Arkansas 2012 as I know I am not finished with that part of my life. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I have been blessed to be a part of the Miss Arkansas Pageant and I plan to always give back to that organization. If anything, it is my involvement with this system that has spurned my desire to not only work in community service here in the United States, but to also take my knowledge and desire to make a difference all over the world.

I hope you'll also choose to follow my journey in Uganda by following my new blog. Now, I've said that I'm officially going, as I have been accepted by the program, but to be honest it is a very expensive undertaking. I will be fundraising from now until the end of December. Only if I'm able to raise the funds will I get to see this dream accomplished. That being said, you can help make this a reality for me by e-mailing me at somer.allen@hotmail.com to find out how you can make a donation. Please feel no obligation, but your contribution is greatly appreciated (even if it is just in prayers!!).

Blessings,

Somer

No comments:

Post a Comment