Header

Image Map

Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Whew! Finals are almost over! I can't believe that after this week, I will only have one more semester before I graduate. Time really does go by so quickly. Forgive me for not staying in touch a little better, but this past week's finals have really taken it out of me. So I'm going to backtrack a couple of posts and update you on what I've been up to recently. ;)

Well for starters, the Miss Greater Jonesboro family and I kicked off the holiday season right by riding in the Jonesboro Christmas Parade on December 3rd. The weather was a little cold, but not unbearable. I left with one favorite (I guess you could call it) quote of the evening.  A sweet little girl in the audience got really excited when we rode by and called out to me "That's the Queen of Jonesboro!" Yes, I definitely loved that one! It is great to feel like a queen every now and again, and the people of Jonesboro who attended and of course the Jonesboro Jaycees who put on the event, certainly made me feel wonderful for the night. Here are a few pictures.
The family. Sean and Ellen Pollock with me and MGJ's Outstanding Teen Sarah Hamilton.

Ellen Pollock and the man who loaned and drove the car, Keith Pace. Thanks Keith!

But the fun didn't end there! The very next night I was in Blytheville appearing as Miss Northeast Arkansas, along with my 2011 pageant family in the Blytheville Christmas Parade. Though there were many highlights of this evening, I had yet another favorite "quote" during the parade when a cute little boy (maybe 8 years old) proceeded to make the phone symbol with his right hand and asked for my number! Adorable!
Following the parade, we headed out to the Festival of Lights and performed a couple of Christmas songs for the crowds that gathered after the parade. We enjoyed some delicious hot chocolate and even got our pictures with Santa! All in all, it was a wonderful start to the season. I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of the night in Blytheville. The fun didn't end there, so watch for my next post about this very busy weekend.

My 2011 sister queens!

No comments:

Post a Comment