Header

Image Map

Monday, December 20, 2010

Wardrobes, Parades, and Pageants

Finals are finally over and hopefully I'll have more time to stay in touch. That is, of course, until next semester begins. My final semester in college, complete with 21 hours! I'm so excited to be graduating in May with two degrees: B.A. in Philosophy and B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies. It has been an amazing 3 1/2 years at ASU and I can't wait to see what life holds for me next. I promise to keep you updated. ;)

So it has been a very busy December. In addition to finals, I have had the privilege of attending Miss Arkansas, Alyse Eady's, Wardrobe Preview, riding in 3 Christmas Parades and entertaining at the newly brought back Miss Crowley's Ridge pageant. Whew! Alyse was beautiful and it was such a joy to get to see so many of the 2010 contestants again. I've said it before, but I am always so amazed at the friendships that have developed since the pageant last July. These are truly amazing girls and they are even better friends! I would post a photo with Alyse, but everything is classified at the highest priority until after Miss America! It was nice, though, that all of the Top 5 were in attendance to support our Miss Arkansas. Here is one of me and Miss Arkansas 2009, Sarah Slocum.

Me with Sarah Slocum, Miss Arkansas 2009

On December 14, I rode in the Wilson, AR Christmas Parade, and I had a blast! I had never visited the town of Wilson, and I'm so glad, now, that I have. There is such a beautiful square right in the center of town. And this weekend, on December 18, I enjoyed entertaining at the Miss Crowley's Ridge and Miss Crowley's Ridge Outstanding Teen Pageant. Unfortunately, after all these fun parades, I've come down with a bit of laryngitis so singing was out! Not to worry, that won't keep me from playing my flute. So, I played my state competition piece, "Can Can," and I got to assist in crowning. Bethany Bell was crowned the new Miss, and Emma Jumper crowned in teen. I've watched Bethany from her first competition in Miss NEA to being named a preliminary winner, and she is just marvelous. Each time she learns something new and makes her stage competition the better for it. Not to mention, she is a fantastic piano player! Look out Miss Arkansas, you have TWO instrumentalists this year! I leave you with a photo.

Me with Bethany Bell, Miss Crowley's Ridge 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment