Header

Image Map

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Burritos, Pasta, and Saving Lives

It's been a long time since my last post. I'm in the final stretch of my Senior year, and I'm having to push incredibly hard to get everything in order for graduation. I had one class this year that has required me to study more than ever before (and it's a Gen Ed!). Also, I'm getting close to finishing my undergraduate thesis. That is probably the thing I am most proud of this year, or... I will be when it's finished! ;)

Before I got too behind, I wanted to update you on the goings on of my Miss NEA duties. It has been an exciting couple of weeks, as all of the local northeast Arkansas titleholders have banded together to raise money for Children's Miracle Network. So far, I've been a part of fundraisers at McAlister's, Fazoli's, and Blue Coast Burrito. Thank you so much to these businesses for allowing us to spend an evening in their restaurants and for donating a portion of their profits to CMN! We have a couple more fundraisers planned in Jonesboro at Chik-fil-A on May 2nd and at Tropical Smoothie on May 5th! If you are in the area on one (or both) of these days, I would love for you to come out an support CMN. It is as easy as buying dinner, and it's DONE, donation made!

Here are a few photos from our event at Blue Coast Burrito!
All of us queens with my former Diamond State Princess, Olivia Adams (far right)
her sister, my princess this year, Maddie Adams (2nd from right)
and Ariana Neshat, a little one I think I've convinced to be a princess this year!

Ranae Clines, Miss Greater Jonesboro Outstanding Teen; Natalie Marcus, Miss Greater Jonesboro;
Kelsey Dow, Miss ASU; and me!

Having a little fun surfing... in heels, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Glad I was able to make it to the Blue Coast fundraiser! Hope yall were able to raise a lot and will be able to continue to. I'll try to make the others if possible! Hope also your classes all end well.

    ReplyDelete