Header

Image Map

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Looking to the Future (The missing post!)

So this post won't be exactly what I had written for my last published post that was deleted in the Blogger update process, but I'll do my best! Sorry it has taken me so long to replace it, but I was sincerely hoping the original post would be recovered.

Saturday, May 7th marked an incredible day for me as I became an official alumni of Arkansas State University! I had experienced a pretty rough (and extremely busy) time leading up to my college graduation, but in the end all of that struggle was completely worth it! I'm so excited to be stepping into the next phase in my life. Not only that, but with school behind me I can finally put 150% effort into my Miss Arkansas preparations. I began in the Miss America preliminary pageants to accomplish two things: the first was to attempt my childhood dream of becoming Miss America (of course), and the second was to help me afford my college education. The first goal, I am still working towards ;). I am so grateful for the ability to say that the second goal was realized following my 4th Runner-Up placement at Miss Arkansas last summer. With the scholarship money I was awarded last July, I was able to finish my Senior year entirely debt free! That isn't something very many people can say these days, but thanks to the Miss Arkansas organization, I will be moving on into a bright future unrestricted by debt. For that I am so thankful!

Here is a photo of my mother and me at my graduation! And below that are a few photos of the last fundraiser hosted by all of the NEA titleholders at Tropical Smoothie for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

Very supportive mommy and me on graduation day!

The NEA gang at Tropical Smoothie


My former princess, Olivia Adams (right), and her sister, my current Diamond State Princess, Maddie Adams (left)!

No comments:

Post a Comment