Header

Image Map

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Miss Summer Sweetheart Pageant

I am happy to announce that the first ever Miss Summer Sweetheart Pageant Benefitting Children's Miracle Network Hospitals was a success! It was very interesting being on the opposite side of the crown for this one. There is so much work and planning that went into making this pageant as successful as it was, and it makes me think about how much more work goes into planning a local preliminary pageant. Our Executive Directors (EDs) do such a fantastic job getting everything together for their pageants, and not only that, but they do it every year and spend the remainder of the year preparing their titleholder for Miss Arkansas! Of course I owe so much to my last year's directors, Sean and Ellen Pollock, for everything I learned from them. And now, I can't begin to describe what a blessing Marrietta Jerome and Eva Lee Graves have been in both my daily life and my competition life! I'm so thankful to have been blessed with wonderful directors two years running! From what I hear, Arkansas is blessed with fantastic directors all around. So thank you to all of the local EDs for all you do!

Here are a few photos from the pageant Saturday! A big thank you to Charles Andrew Fleeman for taking these for us. And the last photo is courtesy of Kimberly Adams.

All of the volunteers!

The hosts!

My Diamond State Princess Maddie Adams was in the Young Miss division!

No comments:

Post a Comment