Header

Image Map

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Life in May

I have a lot to catch you up on. I'll start with the month of May, and maybe this month I'll do a little better with the updates!

I was asked by the Marked Tree Rotary Club to come and share with them stories from my trip to Uganda. Rotarians are known internationally for their community service and I was thrilled to get to speak with them about my platform and to tell them how I lived that out in Uganda this year.



The weekend before I spoke in Marked Tree, I traveled to Little Rock for the annual Miss Arkansas Contestant Meeting weekend. It was a busy three day weekend that began with our fabulous Tony Bowls' photo shoot! Here is a photo of Mason, Miss Northeast Arkansas, and myself after our hair and make-up was done.


And here is the finished product...


If you like my photo, you can go to http://www.missarkansas.org/photoshoot2012.htm and vote for my photo. The winner will receive a scholarship on the final night of Miss Arkansas, so go vote!!!

The next day all of the contestants met for our official first meeting and lottery. My title was drawn towards the end, but I still ended up with a great placement. This year I will again be in Group B which means I will begin competition with Evening Gown on Wednesday, Talent on Thursday, and Swimsuit on Friday during competition week at Miss Arkansas in July!

 Group B

 This is me with Miss Arkansas, Kristen Glover, and Abby Lindsey at the meeting.

Finally, this year in addition to working at the Annual Golf Tournament on Monday of that week, we also enjoyed the great privilege of volunteering at and touring Arkansas Children's Hospital. Arkansas Children's is a CMNH sponsored hospital, and it was truly wonderful getting to see where all of the funds we've been raising all year for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals were going right here in our great state! Overall, it was an amazing weekend in May!


No comments:

Post a Comment