Header

Image Map

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Miss Arkansas 2010

As promised I am going to post some photos and thoughts from Miss Arkansas 2010 back in July. I cannot say enough about my first experience at the state pageant. Not only was it an adventure for me, but the pageant was so well ran with volunteers, board members, production crew, and chaperones all willing to go that extra mile to make the week a success. I cannot say thanks enough to all of these amazing individuals who created a week that I will truly never forget.

Top 5
4th Runner-up, Somer Allen; 2nd Runner-up, Amy Crain; Miss Arkansas 2010, Alyse Eady; 1st Runner-up, Simone Mullinax; 3rd Runner-up, Kristen Glover

I was so excited this summer to receive the following awards and scholarships: 4th Runner-up, Dr. Rhys Branman Newcomer Award, Preliminary Alpha Award in Evening Gown, Preliminary Alpha Award in Talent, Preliminary Alpha Award in Swimsuit.

These awards provided me with much needed scholarship assistance to help me finish my undergraduate years at Arkansas State University. I can now, gratefully, say that I will be debt free coming out of my first four years of college. 

In addition to being humbled by the awards and scholarships that I received, I was further blessed to make 43 new friends from all across the state! Never before have I been surrounded by so many beautiful, talented young women and now to call them my friends is just a further demonstration of the great opportunities provided by the Miss Arkansas and Miss America Organizations. I'll leave you with a few photos.

My wonderful roommate: Kathryn Holcomb, Miss Western Arkansas 2010

Best Friend: Kristen Heuck, Miss Lights of the Delta 2010


Backstage with Simone Mullinax, Miss Lakes of the Northwest 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment