Header

Image Map

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Miss Lights of the Delta

The 2011 family is now complete! Saturday night in Blytheville two new queens were crowned after a whole day of wonderful competition. Ashley Walthall is my new sister queen, Miss Lights of the Delta. And, Bailey Moses became Miss Lights of the Delta Outstanding teen. I am so excited to be working with these ladies throughout the next year as we each prepare ourselves for our respective state competitions.

One of my favorite aspects of the Miss Arkansas Pageant system is the connection with other young women from all over the state that it provides. After last July, I was able to say that I had made 43 new friends that I could call upon no matter where I was travelling throughout Arkansas. And now, I'm looking so forward to getting to know Ashley, who is from Magnolia, as we prepare for Miss Arkansas. I know that the connections I have made over the last year will last me a lifetime and I am so blessed to call so many talented young women my friends!

When I consider the size of the Miss America Organization I am unable to comprehend the connections that it builds for young women all over our country. Very few organizations can impact the number of individuals that MAO reaches year after year and because of that, I am honored to be a small part of it. I  began this blog intending to detail the Lights pageant, but this is what came out! :) Suffice it to say, we had a wonderful weekend and were privileged to not only have our unmatched Miss Arkansas 2010, Alyse Eady, present, but we were fortunate to meet Miss Missouri 2010, Erika Hebron, as well.

As always, here are a couple of photos for you to enjoy!

From Left: Me, Ashley Walthall, Miss Lights of the Delta 2011, Bailey Moses, Miss Lights of the Delta Outstanding Teen, Courtney Welsh, Miss Northeast Arkansas Outstanding Teen

The beautiful Miss Arkansas 2010, Alyse Eady. I absolutely adore her!

No comments:

Post a Comment