Header

Image Map

Friday, January 28, 2011

January Life

I feel like I say this everytime I blog...Sorry for being behind! This semester is really taking it out of me. Still, I'm so excited to graduate in May! I can't believe that it is so close. Now if I can just make it through the next 21 hours... :)

So this post is a little behind the times, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to say CONGRATULATIONS to Miss Arkansas, Alyse Eady! I can't tell you how many people, who previously didn't put much stock in the Miss America Organization, have come up to me to ask if I know Alyse. Or to tell me that they were cheering her all the way through to the end. Arkansas is blessed to have such a grounded young woman speaking in our schools, visiting our cities, and sharing with us her true beauty. We love you, Alyse.

I, also, want to take this opportunity to say "Thanks!" to Jonesboro Worship Center for allowing me to open the fellowship hall up for a Miss America Watch Party. There were about 40 people in attendance. Many of the young girls had been, or will be a Diamond State Princess! It was wonderful for them to see what this organization is all about. My former and future princesses were there, as well. I am so glad to have the opportunity to mentor these young ladies. My former princes has moved into the teen competition and I know my new princess (who happens to be her little sister) is looking forward to doing the same in a few years!

You know, when I first sit down to write a post, I think "I don't know what to say..." Then when I get started, I don't want to stop! My high school english teacher would warn me against stream of consciousness writing, so I will leave you with a few photos from the watch party.

Me with Miss Crowley's Ridge, Bethany Bell, and all the young ladies in attendance.

The cake I made for Alyse!

Me with my Miss Greater Jonesboro family. Thanks for the support, you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment