Header

Image Map

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Children Helping Children

Yesterday, I kicked off a Change for Children drive at Fox Meadow Intermediate Center in Jonesboro. The kids were so well-behaved and genuinely interested in helping to raise money for Children's Miracle Network. I met with all 3 grades at 3 different times throughout the afternoon, and each time I was amazed at the number of children who raised their hands and said that they had been treated at Arkansas Children's Hospital. The number of hands that went up doubled when I asked if they had a brother or a sister who had been treated at the hospital. I was completely schocked to see every hand go up in every grade when I asked if they had heard of the hospital. The reputation of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals is phenomenal. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to help fundraise and bring awareness to such a great effort. I can't wait to see how much these kids raise over the next week and I look forward to having pizza with the winning class!

One of my favorite things about the day was getting to spend time with my Miss Arkansas Diamond State Princess, Maddie Adams! Maddie is a beautiful young lady who I have enjoyed getting to know better over the last couple of years. Her sister Olivia was my princess at state last year. Olivia has since turned 13 and started to compete in Outstanding Teen preliminaries! I'm expecting great things from these two girls. Thank you both for letting me be a part of your journey!

Thank you so much to Debra Johnson, FMIC Principal, and Kim Adams for helping me to organize this fundraiser. I will post about my busy weekend soon; just waiting to get in a few pictures from friends that remembered their cameras! :-) Here are a few photos of my day at FMIC:

Maddie and Me


Me with the 5th Grade classes at FMIC



No comments:

Post a Comment