Header

Image Map

Monday, March 14, 2011

Spending it with Friends

So the past couple of weeks have been, in a word, busy. Nothing new, right? Fair warning: because I like to make sure that I've kept you up to date on all things going on in my year, this post is a little off on chronology.

First, I cannot explain to you how excited (and a little nervous) I am about this upcoming weekend. I get to travel with my bestie, Michelle, to Johnson City, TN, where we will both be presenting our respective philosophy projects at the 4th Annual Appalachian Regional Student Philosophy Colloquium. I will be sure and keep you up to date! What a way to start my Spring Break! Spring Break plans? I'll get to that in the next post. ;)

Last weekend, in addition to my Miss Greater Jonesboro duties, I spent the morning in Blytheville, AR performing as Miss NEA on the St. Jude's Cablethon. I had a blast. Ritter Communications, who sponsored me for the NEA pageant, was there broadcasting the show live. It is so fascinating to see how all of the cameras, lights, technicians, and volunteers make a show possible! I'm working on figuring out how to upload video to my blog (any suggestions? Comment this message.) and if I figure it out, I'll post the performance. But here's a couple of photos, for now.

Me with the Ritter Communications' gang!

Courtney and me

Last Monday I met up (again) with my amazing friends Miss Central Arkansas, Maegan Inzer, and Miss ASU, Kelsey Dow, to fundraise for Children's Miracle Network at McAlister's Deli in Jonesboro. We spent the night filling drink orders and delivering food to tables. For our efforts, McAlister's will be donating 10% of the night's profits to CMN! Thank you McAlister's!! The following Thursday, the three of us got together again to judge a local school pageant. We had a wonderful time, and all of the Buffalo Island Central ladies were absolutely beautiful. We had a very tough job on our hands. Oh! And I can't forget to thank Ashley George for tagging along with us to all of these events! Not only is she a great photographer, but she is also a phenomenal friend to each of us. How about a couple of McAlister's photos, courtesy of Ashley...

Our group of three!

And one of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment