Header

Image Map

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On the Philosophy of Road Trips

As I mentioned in my last post, this past weekend I travelled eight long hours to Johnson City, TN to present a portion of my senior thesis at the 4th Annual Appalachian Regional Student Philosophy Colloquium at East Tennessee State University. I had a blast! My best friend, Michelle, and I made the trip together (we were both presenting). Getting to go with your best friend kind of makes all the difference! And wouldn't you know it, I have the smartest philosophy friend...I can make this claim because Michelle received the award for Best Undergraduate Paper Submission! Needless to say, we were pretty excited! While in Tennessee, we had the pleasure of meeting a few of the students from ETSU and they were kind enough to show us around the city. I'd never really seen the eastern side of Tennessee and I have to say, it was quite beautiful. I loved being in the Appalachians. In addition to all the fun I had on the trip, getting to present some of the research I've done for my thesis was very rewarding. Overall, I had a fantastic time, and I am very grateful to the Philosophy Department and Philosophy Club of ETSU for putting on the conference and for inviting me to be a part of it.

That brings me to the rest of my Spring Break, though I think it would be more aptly named Spring Miss Arkansas Prep Week! I'm so thrilled to have the time to really focus on my preparations. With 21 hours of classes at ASU, it is difficult to really fit everything in and I hate to say it, but I don't always get to practice, or work out as much as I would like to. So having this week to truly focus on Miss Arkansas is like a dream come true! At the end of this week, I will be having photos made. I am blessed to represent a pageant organization where these photos are donated to me. Thank you so much Schlosser Photography! Monday, I spent some time with my mum travelling to Little Rock. I met with Jane White, who does my make-up for Miss Arkansas and purchased some of her amazing custom blend foundation so I'd be ready for my photos. And later today, Wednesday, I'll be heading of to Batesville to check on some things for my Miss Arkansas wardrobe. With all of this prep work, I can really feel the pageant inching closer, and I can't wait!!!

And for some site updates, I added a link to the right of this page for donations to Children's Miracle Network, the official platform of the Miss America Organization. This is such a worthy cause and your support is truly appreciated. By clicking on the link you'll be taken to my personal donation page. Please do not feel obligated in any way, but I wanted to make it easy for you to access! Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment