Header

Image Map

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Meeting My Favorite Miss America

For those of you who have been following my blog, you know that one of the reasons I am involved in the Miss America system is Miss America 2009, Katie Stam-Irk. Watching the 2009 national pageant, seeing her crowned, and then following her year of service, is what introduced me to the potential this program has to affect the lives of young women for the better.

Tonight Katie will be co-emceeing the Miss Arkansas pageant. I hope you'll be there! Because of this, she was in rehearsal with us today. I had the opportunity to grab a few quick minutes with her, and she is exactly as you would expect a Miss America to be, better even. All the contestants could talk about today was how captivating she is. We are fortunate to have her visiting our great state. Thank you Katie!

And my favorite part of the day (so far)...

Miss America 2009, Katie Stam-Irk and me!


P.S. Blog about the last two prelim nights will be up soon!

God Bless,
          Somer

No comments:

Post a Comment