Header

Image Map

Monday, July 11, 2011

Miss Arkansas Day 2

Whew! What an exciting first day of rehearsals. We were on the stage starting at 7:30am, and after a lunch break, we were back out there learning more about the show. If you are still trying to decide whether or not to come see the show this week, let me help you: COME! It is going to be fantastic this year. Our production volunteers have truly worked beyond what is required of them to guarantee that this is the best Miss Arkansas Production we've ever had! We have a beautiful stage complete with screens this year. So everyone will be able to see no matter where you're seated (though there isn't a bad seat in the house). Special thanks to Micki Koneceny, Stacy Jones, June Felix, Fred Osborne, and all of the production and sound volunteers for EVERYthing you are doing for this program. And though you'll hear more about them later, (evil grin) I must thank our chaperones for being our moms, friends, sisters, and bosses for the week!

Also, I'm having a great time with all of the girls! I've made some new friends and strengthened ties that were begun one year ago at Miss Arkansas 2010. I love being a part of this organization, and I hope that you will choice to support us by attending the pageant which will be at:

7:30pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday

or online at:

http://www.missarkansas.org/.

I didn't get a chance to blog about Arrival yesterday, but I'd like to mention a couple of the high points. I am humbled to have been named one of the top 5 fundraisers for CMNH. Thank you so much to those of you who donated to CMNH through my account, and to Fox Meadow Intermediate Center for their donation through the fundraiser I did at the school! Also, thank you to Matt Johnson with KATV for taking the time to interview each of the finalists. We truly appreciate the support of the media.


Somer Allen, Tracy Neal, Kacey Keefe, Helen Wisner, Kelsey Dow

Here are some photos from today! Hopefully you'll hear from me tomorrow after interview!

Much Love,

Somer


My sister queen and me!


Spending time with Alicia Haflich at rehearsal!

1 comment:

  1. Good blog!! I love reading & looking at your pictures. Keep 'em coming. I'm praying for you all week & can't wait to see you this weekend!! Love you babe!!

    ReplyDelete