Header

Image Map

Friday, July 8, 2011

Countdown to the Crown: MA 2011

It is so hard to believe that I leave for Miss Arkansas in just two days! And while I'm still in shock, my to do list just keeps on going. If you've never packed for a state pageant, let me give you a comparison. I'm pretty sure it's equivalent to moving into a dorm minus the lamps and decorations. Only when I moved into my dorm, I could take 3-4 trips back to my house, with the pageant being in Hot Springs, I only get one shot at remembering everything! Yikes!

It was one year ago, right after Miss Arkansas 2010, that I took a couple of days to decide if competing again was for me. Well, I was supposed to take a couple of days, but I'm pretty sure it only took me a couple of minutes. It's hard to describe the sense of loyalty that I have to this program. I've received so much from participating in the Miss Arkansas Scholarship Pageant, more than just money and accolades, but true friends, strong connections throughout the state, and life skills that will stick with me in every new venture I take on. Because of this, and the people who are involved in making Miss Arkansas what it is, from Executive Directors, Board members, to each and every volunteer, I feel a strong loyatly to remain a part of the program. Even when I am unable to compete any longer, I hope that I can be a support to this system that has so long supported me.

My very first on-stage question answer, back when I was 13 years old, included this verse: "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths" Proverbs 3:6. I, also, wouldn't be where I am today without the love of my Savior, Jesus Christ. As I tackle these last few days before competition, I can't help but remember all of the blessings in my life. I am thankful to know who God is, and even more thankful that He calls me friend and daughter.

Before I end this post, I have two more things to share with you. The first is that I truly hope that I will have the time to blog during the pageant week. I can't make any promises that I'll be able to post everyday, but I am taking my camera with me in the hopes that I can post at least photos from each day for you all to keep up with. It's a very busy week, but I'll do my best to keep you posted.

2nd thing: I had the privilege of attending the Miss Arkansas Outstanding Teen pageant last Saturday! The new MAOT was absolutely stunning. I'm pretty sure her talent brought a tear to my mom's eye. And her final night on-stage question answer definitely blew everyone away. I look forward to seeing the great things she will do for our state! While I was very impressed with our new MAOT, I have to mention how proud I am of my two sister teen queens, Courtney Welsh, Miss NEAOT, and Bailey Moses, Miss LOTDOT. Courtney placed in the top 15 and did you know this was only her 2nd pageant...ever?! I cannot describe how proud I am of all of her hard work. Bailey placed 1st Runner-up, and let me tell you, I'm so glad that Arkansas was able to see how much work she has put into her on-stage performance, but as someone who spent a week with her shortly before the teen pageant I have to tell you that I don't know of anyone who has devoted so much to their dream. Bailey impressed me so much at Beauty Bootcamp, that I remember thinking to myself, I need to work harder for Miss Arkansas! (and as you all know, I spend nearly every waking moment preparing for this) If that's not saying something, I don't know what is. Congratulations to all of the girls. They were fantastic and really set the bar high for us Miss queens.

Speaking of Miss queens, here are a few photos:

Bethany Bell, Miss Crowley's Ridge; Ashlen Thomason, Miss Arkansas 2008; and me!

Sloane Roberts, Miss Ouachita River; Maegan Inzer, Miss Central Arkansas; Kim Smith, Miss South Central Arkansas; Me; Dorothy Shepard, Miss Apple Blossom

Kelsey Dow, Miss ASU; Bethany Bell; Me; Alicia Haflich, Miss UCA; Lauren Howell, Miss Spirit of Arkansas

No comments:

Post a Comment